WordPress theme design and customization
MGSwebSourcing build custom framework while WordPress theme development which provide much more control over the graphical interface and presentation of the material on the theme.
WordPress Themes are files that work together to create the design and functionality of a WordPress website. Each Theme may be different, offering many choices for website owners to instantly change their website look.
Why else should you build a WordPress Theme?
- To create a unique look for your WordPress website.
- To take advantage of templates, template tags, and the WordPress Loop to generate different website results and looks.
- To provide alternative templates for specific website features, such as category pages and search result pages.
- To quickly switch between two website layouts, or to take advantage of a Theme or style switcher to allow website owners to change the look of your website.
More benefits of WordPress Theme:
- It separates the presentation styles and template files from the system files so the website will upgrade without drastic changes to the visual presentation of the site.
- It allows for customization of the website functionality unique to that Theme.
- It allows for quick changes of the visual design and layout of a WordPress website.
- It removes the need for a typical WordPress website owner to have to learn CSS, HTML, and PHP in order to have a great-looking website.
Theme Development Standards:WordPress Themes should be coded using the following standards:
Maximum WordPress templates are designed for blogs. They allow standard web pages and give you the option of having a specific page as your homepage but the layout is the same on posts and pages. This means you don't get the opportunity to create a homepage with the wow factor which showcases all your products at a glance.
They still have the same WordPress administration system making it easy to make your own website changes and write regular news updates. The beauty of Studio Press is that they have several different templates to choose from inside each theme allowing for more customisation and more wow factor.
The design is easy to customise, includes several different page templates including home, blog, archives etc. There is dropdown navigation for child pages and blog post categories display on the second nav bar.
The homepage can be customised to display the most recent posts from a certain category and the homepage sidebar is all customisable using widgets. The homepage layout is setup to include a featured content gallery at the top.